in Vienna’s 5th district and online on Instagram, Facebook and our blog!
Science can be fun – for everyone: In our project “Knowledge°room” we use vacant business premises and transform them into Pop-up Science Centers. Since 2013 we have been doing that successfully in various neighbourhoods in Vienna. At the Moment we are located in Wien-Margareten, Vienna´s 5th district. In the Knowledge°room everybody who is curious about science and technology has come to the right place. Every inquisitive mind is welcome. Admission is free. The only requirement is a bit of exploration spirit.
Different stations and exhibits invite our guests to discover, to try things out and to puzzle over them. There is, of course, a lot to learn but first and foremost the Knowledge°room is about enjoying working and thinking together.
Regularly changing our thematic focus provides variety and makes sure that even our regulars are never bored. Our visitors are supported by a multilingual team of guides. They help to find answers together and to satisfy the thirst for knowledge. Our visitors are supported by an intercultural team of guides. Just like our visitors, our guides have various mother tongues and diverse cultural backgrounds. However different their histories, what they all have in common is their competence and love for their work.
We are especially proud of the diversity of our visitors. Here, people of different ages, life stories and interests come together. Our motto is: Everyone can get into science. No matter who you are, where you come from or what you do in everyday life, in the Knowledge°room there is something to discover for everybody.
Why support the Knowledge°Room?
- From corona to the climate crisis and digitalization – science and technology play an essential role in our everyday life and future. We need an all hands on deck approach when trying to find innovative solutions to issues we will be facing in the future! Nobody should be excluded and everyone should be able to understand what is going on and contribute.
- The Knowledge°Room is open without the need to register in advance and entrance is free. Children, youth and adults can experiment freely here in a calm and open environment. All questions are welcome and there is no wrong approach to science and technology. If you are stuck, there is always a team of multilingual science guides on site to support you in your process of discovery.
- Hands on mentality, perseverance, problem-solving competencies, abilities in communication, conflict management and team building… In the Knowledge°Room children and adults learn a lot of competencies for their personal and professional life.
- There might be vacant business premises in your neighborhood – wouldn’t it be great if they could be turned into Knowledge°Rooms as well?
- The Knowledge°Room also caters to teachers and educational staff by delivering inspiring new ideas and teaching materials.
Of late you can also get a glimpse online:
Knowledge°room now on Instagram!!